With the many of the financial reform acts including Sarbanes-Oxley, the Dodd-Frank Reform Act, and the ALTA Best Practices guide recommend that personal information that might lead to misuse or theft be classified as non-public information. We have implemented secure email to protect the private and confidential information of our customers and to also meet new upcoming mortgage industry regulations effective August 1, 2015.
Lenders and regulators like the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau (CFPB) are requiring that emails containing confidential and personal information be sent through secure systems.
Some examples of confidential and private information that must be protected and sent securely are below:
- HUD 1 Settlement Statements
- Social Security Number
- Driver’s License Number
- Loan Number(s), Credit Scores, and Loan Application – all personal financial information including income and assets
- Credit Card information
- Bank Account Numbers and Wire Transfer information
- Real Estate Contracts
- Personal or Work Address and Home Phone Number
- Birth date, Gender, Ethnicity, Citizenship