If you believe that you have been a victim of predatory lending by a mortgage broker or lender, you might find the Mortgage Bankers Association web site helpful.
Also, if you believe that you have been a victim of mortgage fraud and are looking for contact information for the FBI or other authorities in your area, this information is available at the Mortgage Bankers Association’s Mortgage Fraud Against Lenders Resource Center.
Consumers who witness instances of insurance fraud should contact the Ohio Department of Insurance Fraud Hotline at 1-800-686-1527. The hotline can be used to report fraud by consumers, agents, and agencies.
More Consumer Information:
- Mortgage Fraud Blog – Central clearinghouse for information on recent mortgage fraud schemes, indictments and prevention
- Mortgage Fraud Resource Center
- Ohio – Mortgage Broker License Lookup
- Ohio – Mortgage Broker Enforcement Lookup
- Ohio Department of Insurance Agent/Agency Lookup
- Ohio Association of Independent Title Agents (OAITA)
- Consumer Advocates in American Real Estate (CAARE)